Permit Needed to pick up Customers
In the past some of you have picked up your charter customers on the beach of Gasparilla Island State Park. This practice is a violation of State law punishable by a citation with escalating amounts based on the number of infractions. However, there is a process by which you can obtain a permit that will allow you to utilize the beach of Gasparilla Island State Park as a pick up location for you and your customers. Below is the process you must undertake to obtain the permit.
Process to Obtain Permit:
Point of Contact:Mr. Chad Lach Park Manager-Gasparilla Island Administration P.O. Box 1150 Boca Grande, FL 33921 Phone: 941-964-0375 Fax: 941-964-1154 Email: Chad.Lach@dep.state.fl.us
- Send Mr. Lach a letter and include the following information:
- What service you are providing.
- Who your customers are.
- What days/times you will be picking customers up.
- Estimate the number of customers you will be picking up per day and per year.
- How much you will be charging customers to fish.
- You must also provide the following supporting documentation:
- Copy of USCG issued Merchant Mariners license
- Proof of vessel safety inspection
- Proof of Insurance- Workers Compensation, General Liability, Vessel Liability
- Jones Act Coverage
WARNING! This process can take some time to complete. If you plan on obtaining the permit, it is recommended you begin the process immediately. State officers will be checking and enforcing permits in 2010. For further information or questions please contact Mr. Lach.